Something new I’d like to start on my blog is a monthly round up of some of my highlights from the month just gone and the things I read, saw and did.
May-be May is a good place to start!
So, what did I get up to this month?
- I was a bridesmaid in my sister’s wedding!! I can’t believe that was only this month. It feels like it was much longer ago. Within three months the Shawcross sisters have become Mrs Okely and Mrs Goff. How can that be! It was a truly beautiful day and I had so much fun being a bridesmaid for the first time. I cried a lot that day.
- Celebrated mother’s day with John’s family and surprised my mum with a visit. It was so nice to spend time with both our families that day, however brief.
- Trained for and completed the HBF Run for a Reason 12km for the second time. I had a great first half of the race until I ‘hit the wall’ at the 7km mark and my goal time went flying away. Keen to make a comeback next year!
Something new I discovered this month was…
Dinner Twist! We placed our first order with the fresh ingredient box company and have kept our subscription every fortnight. You get the option of ordering from three different menus and they send you all the ingredients and the recipes you need to cook those meals. It’s a brilliant way to avoid thinking up new meal ideas, try new things and avoid going grocery shopping as delivery is free. You can check them out here. And if you’re keen to give it a go you can use the code 0420408300 for 20% off your first order.
This month I read…
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. You can read my review on my Goodreads account if you’re interested.
- Continued working my way though the 700 plus pages of Mary Queen of Scots by Antonia Fraser.
This month I watched…
- Beauty and the Beast and loved it
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and thought it was also pretty enjoyable but not quite as good as the first.
- Broadchurch season 3. So intense.
- The new Doctor Who series. So far so good (I’ve only got 2 or so other seasons to compare it to).
- The Play that Goes Wrong at His Majesty’s theatre. This was just hilarious. I almost completely lost it at several points.
Memorable moment: shooting ‘arrows’ in our backyard with John’s home made archery kit.