Some people say that getting a puppy is good practice for having a baby. I’ve got a small human and am inclined to believe this could, in fact, be true.
Baby humans are a lot like baby dogs and here’s why:
- You must keep them stimulated to prevent them from becoming destructive. If left alone for too long they will turn their attention to destroying your house.
- Both can be given chew toys. They call them ‘teething toys’ for baby humans but let’s be real the purpose is effectively the same.
- You can teach them to do a number of tricks and when either child or puppy successfully master said trick you feel almost giddy with pride at their achievement, largely because of your role in imparting knowledge.
- They will contentedly munch away on a pair of shoes. (No? Just my child then?)
- They will contentedly munch away on pretty much anything they shouldn’t really be munching away on.
- Dressed them in something cute? They’ll probably just keep trying to take it off.
- Are just so darn cute.
- Will wrestle with surprising strength to be free of your snuggles.
- But when they stay they give the best cuddles.
- Don’t enjoy being cooped up in the house for long.
- Both will leave questionable fluids on your floors if you don’t take necessary precautions.
- Neither will be fazed if they walk/crawl through said fluids and spread it around.
- Enjoy belly rubs.
- Will not fetch a ball. You can try to play fetch with your baby human or puppy all you like I’m telling you neither of them will bring it back.
- Will expand your heart with love more than you thought possible.